Golden Girls Mugs
These wheel thrown Golden Girls mugs are made from North Carolina red stone clay. The glaze is black matte. It has has a rough texture that sets it apart from traditional smooth and shiny glazes, and feels and looks a bit like cast iron. The images and lettering are mica white, that has a shimmery/silverish look. Pottery is typically fired twice in a kiln, but these mugs go in for a 3rd time to set the images, making them permanent.
- Rose Quote: "My mother always used to say, 'The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.'"
- Dorothy Quote: "Go to sleep, sweetheart. Pray for brains."
- Sophia Quote: "Jealousy is a very ugly thing, Dorothy, and so are you in anything backless."
- Blanche Quote: "Nobody ever believes me when I'm telling the truth. I guess it's the curse of being a devastatingly beautiful woman."
- Stay Golden...all 4 faces
Each mug is approximately 4" inches tall, and holds approximately 10-12 ounces of your favorite hot (or cold!) beverage.
These item is made to order, and will ship in 3-4 weeks after purchase.
This item is handmade, and slight variations in size/minor imperfections are to be expected, and adored!
These mugs are microwave and dishwasher safe.